9 items found
- First Bus in Leicester donates 125 Christmas meals for the New Parks Foodbank
- Food was supplied by Sainsbury's Fosse Park and they also donated 125 boxes of Mince pies
- First Bus run regular bus services through New Parks and into the adjoining area of Braunstone Frith
First Bus offers free travel for Remembrance Day to veterans and military personnel across South Yorkshire and the Midlands
- First Bus is offering free travel for all veterans and UK Armed Forces personnel travelling to Remembrance Day activities on 11th & 12th November
- Veterans and military personnel will get a free return journey by wearing their military uniform or showing the driver their Service ID card
- First Bus has a strong affiliation with the Armed Forces, with many veterans working for the business
- Royal British Legion with its representatives and military personnel were present for a photo call to start their 2023 poppy appeal
- Leicester to Birmingham Airport with a pick up at Fosse Park
- 16 seats available to book per journey
- Prices from £9 for a single journey online at Aircoach UK | Aircoach UK
- every hour, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- 15kg luggage allowance + a small bag to take onboard
First Bus donates two buses to take medical aid across Europe into Ukraine to the cities of Kiev and Lviv
- Two buses donated by First Bus to carry medical aid to Ukraine.
- Wellglade Group donates supplies, parts, and fuel.
Multi operator contactless bus ticketing ‘Tap on Tap off’ successfully launched in Leicester and is the first of its kind in the UK
The official public launch of the initiative was held on Thursday 21st April – Leicester city centre with deputy mayor Adam Clarke, council officers, bus operators and representatives from Little pay and Ticketer and the public
- First multi-operator contactless capping scheme to launch in the UK with over 99% of passenger journeys covered by the scheme
- 183,000 passenger journeys in a year
- Combined passenger savings of £131,000 over the past year
- Winner of Transport Ticketing Global Award for Best Smart Ticketing Programme 2023 (<200k daily journeys)
‘Bus depot of the future’ to launch in Leicester as one of the UK’s first fully electric depots outside of London
- First Bus’ Leicester depot will join York and Norwich to become one of the UK’s first three fully electrified bus depots outside of London
- The ‘bus depot of the future’ sets a precedent for UK-wide road transport decarbonisation
- First Bus Leicester will have 86 new electric buses expected on public roads by March 2024
- This brings the total investment across all ZEBRA projects that First Bus is delivering to £92m, alongside ZEBRA funding of £66m.
Local bus operator First Leicester are providing 300 Christmas meals to Help the Homeless in Leicester
- First Leicester are providing 300 Christmas meals to ‘Help the Homeless Leicester’ this Christmas.
- Santa and his elf’s will be giving out Christmas cards with thank you messages on board their buses and some will have shopping vouchers and free bus travel codes enclosed on the lead up to Christmas.
- Partnership with Leicester City Council
- New ticketing technology for contactless payments